Sword Art Online Season 2 announced, confirmed for broadcast in July!

by Mirage 119 Comments 27 Votes 318823 Views 01/01/2014 Back to Articles
Join Achan, MMGN's Anime Community   SIGN UP


A sequel to Sword Art Online has been announced following the ending of Sword Art Online: Extra Edition, a special OVA (Original Video Animation) episode that was aired just before the new years.

Titled Sword Art Online II, the anime will kick off with a brand new game in which Kirito joins called Gun Gale Online (GGO). Designed by an American company called Zakar, GGO's primary choice of weapons are of course Guns making it a bit different from SAO and ALfeim which traditionally used Swords and magic as a means of combat.

In addition to the announcement, the official website revealed some more information about the Second Series including a title to the new arc - "Phantom Bullet" as well as a promotional video (PV) which confirms the 2014 air date alongside a short teaser of the brand new heroine, Asada Shino's avatar.

Sword Art Online discussion thread here.

UPDATE (15/03/2014):

It has been confirmed that Sword Art Online Season 2 will join the summer anime line up and will air in JULY. The Sword Art Online Panel officially confirmed the air date during their event at Dengeki Game Festival 2014.

Alongside the air date, a new visual image for the series was also released showcasing the new heroine - Asada Shino and her Gun Gale Online avatar:

Link to us http://anime.mmgn.com/Articles/sword-art-online-season-2-announced
Tags: alo art asuna gale ggo gun july kirito online SAO season second sequel series summer sword tomatsu wow_so_kirito
Register or Login to vote for this article.
Alternatively, connect with Facebook or Twitter.
Facebook Connect Twitter Login

Sword Art Online Season 2 announced, confirmed for broadcast in July! Comments

Leave a comment Log in with Facebook
Aoi
+
Kirito really does look like a girl here. Usually the long black hair look works for most anime characters, but it didn't work for him. :S
I think @xxSoS mentioned awhile back to me that his avatar is actually supposed to be a girl and that it is actually quite rare.

But yeah, I agree that it doesn't work well for him :/

Heck, even Takanashi pulls it off better [MOG]



/inb4 pics of reverse traps
Yeah, it is. Some random dude actually tries to buy it off him when he first enters the game. [MOG]
That... Thats Kirito?

zurczner said: That... Thats Kirito?


BAHAHA!
I wonder if Sugita has enough plot left over to cover the new season.
What? Kirito looked way girlier in the light novel's pictures. I'm looking forward to the light saber, I mean photon sword action though.

Kenni said:Sugita


Got my hopes up. :*O


And Sugita lacks Sugus.
Thats really good news. I was so looking forward to a new season for sao. [Derp]

Aoi said: Got my hopes up.

I have him on my mind even when I don't realize it. [MOG]
not a single sword in that picture

****ing false advertising
Well, it still is Gun Gale Online :) haha. Pretty excited about this.
Kirito is suppose to be a girl I think
-_-
lets see his avater is a rare model where male and female looks a lot of like and can be sold for a high price in ggo he uses a small hand gun and a light blade i hope they make a season three from the alcization arc and he only gets 1 more girl in ggo oh yeah in alcization arc an ai falls for him too

Admin: Please put spoilers in spoiler tags!
If you think about it, everyone in the Alicization Arc other than Kirito is an AI

An AI falls for him? Who?. His childhood friend, twins from the farm, senpai, valet or the Cardinal? I don't think any of them fell for him, unless I'm missing someone

"model" is probably the wrong word to use here
I think the appearance of his character was randomly generated, but players can pay money to customise it. He just got a unique appearance for a male character since he looks like a chick and it just happens that other players with money wanted to buy his avatar
Aoi
+

Joshua373 said:


Go easy on the spoilers. Most people here haven't read the novels.

While I have you here...
Nothing to see here.

Aoi said:
While I have you here...


I SHOULD HAVE STOPPED READING. GOD. OH GOD. NO. NO
Thats not Kirito in the trailer, it's Sinon. She will be one of the new characters in this season. Of course Kirito will be in it but I don't know about his avatar though.
sao 2 is in a game called gun gals where people are forced 2 be girls avatars

i knew there was guna be a new season 4 months i saw there conversaition on youtube and they agreed 2 make a second season =) i was in first of my friends 2 no and i rubbed it in 4 days

i can't wait in the show he drops a bomb saying hes a guy ill laughf my ass off unless its a sad moment

ADMIN: Please use the edit button to avoid multiple posts
what a gun [Derp]
I just hope they make it so it's really long this time I hate getting attached to characters and then having my dreams crushed when it's over.😭
Show looks amazing tho👌
any thoughts on Asuna?
Does Asuna get to play Gun Gale Online?
When is Sword Art Online 2 supposed to air ? Subbed or dubbed doesn't matter. I just need my Sao :'@

Alexis957 said: Does Asuna get to play Gun Gale Online?


That'd be a spoiler so hover your mouse at your own risk..

No. I'm not saying anymore than that and if you want to know more, then just read the light novels. They're pretty good

SageMode said: When is Sword Art Online 2 supposed to air ? Subbed or dubbed doesn't matter. I just need my Sao


Probably towards the end of this year and it's going to be subbed. I don't think the first season even has a dub yet so I don't see why this one will
Actually what happened here is when entering GGO something very rare happened to Kirito. What happened is he got a M900 meaning it made his avatar look like a female version of himself. Well hope you learned something. Ochita out. :)

penguinz said: sao 2 is in a game called gun gals where people are forced 2 be girls avatars
i knew there was guna be a new season 4 months i saw there conversaition on youtube and they agreed 2 make a second season i was in first of my friends 2 no and i rubbed it in 4 days
i can't wait in the show he drops a bomb saying hes a guy ill laughf my ass off unless its a sad moment
ADMIN: Please use the edit button to avoid multiple posts


really? really? It's Gun GALE Online. Also your spelling and grammar would make any English teacher cry. I also highly doubt you were the first they probably felt sorry for you. Ochita out.
You can leave the snarky attitude outside.

Thanks.

Kenni said: You can leave the snarky attitude outside.
Thanks.


ok ok
This is now officially the highest viewed article on achan [MOG].
The first season of sao has been budded and it aired on Cartoon Networks Adult Swim in America.
Hope you like this
>< Where Kirito [heartbreak]
SLIGHT SPOILER ALERT

ok for those of you that dont understand kirito resembles a girl in this one because avatars are randomised.
some guy even wants to buy i from him,and sinon (the girl in the trailer) even confuses him for a girl.
so yes kirito will be in there he will look like a girl.


SLIGHTY BIGGER SPOILER ALERT

although not very surprising even though its called GUN GALE ONLINE kirito will still be using a sword but its a light saber (they dont call it that but it was the impression i got when reading the light novel)
Truth be told:

Remember the time when Kirito when to register his own character at ALfheim Online? The game said that his appearance will be chosen at random so he wouldn't look like him IRL. So the game in GGO must have done the same thing except that the game must have caught a bug/error and must have switch his appearance into a girl... :)
814 Likes!

MOAR!

hyskills said: Truth be told:
Remember the time when Kirito when to register his own character at ALfheim Online? The game said that his appearance will be chosen at random so he wouldn't look like him IRL. So the game in GGO must have done the same thing except that the game must have caught a bug/error and must have switch his appearance into a girl...


false
just wait till anime comes out n learn the truth
some ppl have said it correctly in the above post but to be precise

the avatar's for GGO ( Gun Gale Online) the 3rd arc of SAOseries is chosen at random depending on the amt of Hrs spent playing on the Nervegear system.
since Kirito was trapped in SAO for over 2yrs his play hrs is amongst the top ranks and thus the game has given him a real rare Male Avatar. those as many can c it loost like a Girl
but IS A MALE Avatar.
cause of this avatar he gets ppl asking him to sell his acc, n also leads to the meeting of Shinon

i wander if this anime gonna go all the way till the end of Alicisation arc which is split into further multiple arcs. prob another further 2 seasons at least
As I said Actually what happened here is when entering GGO something very rare happened to Kirito. What happened is he got a M900 meaning it made his avatar look like a female version of himself. Well hope you learned something. SO try reading other comments. Ochita out.
Aoi
+

OchitaT said:Well hope you learned something.


SoS has actually finished the entire SAO series, including the yet-to-be released light novel portions that were available as a web novel years ago before serialisation, so it's highly unlikely he'll learn something that he doesn't already know. :P
ok did not know that thnx for telling me
wait! what does "Al" mean? [WTF]

AdsSuck said: wait! what does "Al" mean?



Artificial intelligence.

Think Yui from season 1, Glados from Portal or Cortana from the Halo series [MOG]
lol kirito in the dark closet cross-dressing self is revealed... warning may fry his pride

random launguage sticky note 4 u i believe the 1 japenese word for love is pronounced ai as well

mod: double posts, use the edit button
This is great news! Only up to Part 2 in the UK, but fantastic to know there's more to come! Can't wait for Part 3 next month
I love SAO so much, but I might be a little depressed if they decide to make Kirito completely drop Asuna... I mean after all they've gone through together he goes into another game, meets another heroine, and then just completely forgets Asuna? If that happens I'll be very disappointed.
Why is it I feel like Sinon is kinda like Yoko from gurren Lagan

Chippic5 said: I love SAO so much, but I might be a little depressed if they decide to make Kirito completely drop Asuna... I mean after all they've gone through together he goes into another game, meets another heroine, and then just completely forgets Asuna? If that happens I'll be very disappointed.



Nah, Kirito will never do that. Not even in a million years. ^_^
So, wait, when will the GGO(or SAO 2) actually be aired? I don't care if it's dubbed or subbed ^_^
Probably Fall but feels Winter-ish.
;O that is way too long! :O
It'll probably run for 26 episodes like the first season, so the wait may be worth it for some of you.
I wish the seasons had more episodes... I've watched an anime where the was like... 50 episodes, and it had more seasons to go along with it :(
by far amazing anime id appreciate it if when someone finds out if asuna will still be with him in this anime would let me know just message me on here please and thankyou
Same! I don't want Asuna to be dumped to the side and forgotten just because some other girl comes along! They, no, Kirito worked so hard to get Asuna back, just for nothing. That doesn't sound right. Plus, he didn't even care when the others girls were flirting/having minor crushes on him :@
So if anyone knows anything, tell me <3
exactly i think it get bad rep for it if they dropped her id be kinda mad lol
OMG Silica shipping Asuna x Kirito? Don't you want him for yourself? Or what I watched was all liees~ [Shifty]
She's setting aside her own feelings so she can cheer on her best friend. What a good girl. ~

zurczner said: OMG Silica shipping Asuna x Kirito? Don't you want him for yourself? Or what I watched was all liees~


Oh, well.. You know... I- you're right.... [Rage] Asuna sucks butt jk lol
Im pretty certain that he sticks with asuna.
Im sure i read it in an overview of the story however I'm not 100% certain maybe about 90%
Asuna is to awesome for him to ditch and many people will be annoyed about it considering how he spent a whole arc to get her back. So it be in their best interests to keep them together. Hope i helped

Tkatana said: Im pretty certain that he sticks with asuna.
Im sure i read it in an overview of the story however I'm not 100% certain maybe about 90%
Asuna is to awesome for him to ditch and many people will be annoyed about it considering how he spent a whole arc to get her back. So it be in their best interests to keep them together. Hope i helped



I think more people would actually be happy lol, considering how many people hated Asuna and the arc to get her back.
More like the ALO arc is what's been rustling people's feathers to this day. It completely ditched Asuna's concept from being a strong, independent fighter to a helpless damsel in distress.

Personally, I was just annoyed with Kirito. Half the time he was bent on saving Asuna, the other, he was fooling around.
You work hard, you play hard (evil)
Asuna in my opinion was a very good character... Until ALO when she became helpless.
Things with strong capable females are usually good stories in my opinion and she was capable. Then ALO happens.
I'd be dissapointed if they break up unless she is still hopeless.
I believe and hope thats how the majority feel about asuna

Tkatana said: Asuna in my opinion was a very good character... Until ALO when she became helpless.
Things with strong capable females are usually good stories in my opinion and she was capable. Then ALO happens.
I'd be dissapointed if they break up unless she is still hopeless.
I believe and hope thats how the majority feel about asuna


I agree! They portray Asuna as a strong and capable girl/player, but in ALO, they make her seem useless and helpless. I don't want someone like that dating Kirito, and if they keep going out when she has the 'hopeless' personality, I'll be mad. ^_^
Really can't wait for the new season I am so restless

Mirage said: I think @xxSoS mentioned awhile back to me that his avatar is actually supposed to be a girl and that it is actually quite rare.
But yeah, I agree that it doesn't work well for him :/
Heck, even Takanashi pulls it off better

/inb4 pics of reverse traps



If Kirito is actually a girl, then it gonna be (sort of) like Kampfer ALL over again. -_-
But glad that season 2 is coming out
kirito use a gun? it looks we cannot se him use starburst stream or stuff like that anymore
and kirito used woman avatar is so....
I really hope kirito stays with asuna for the rest of the seasons :D
If someone had read the novel of ggo are kirito/kazuto going to die

Admin: Please use spoiler tags

Aoi said: Kirito really does look like a girl here. Usually the long black hair look works for most anime characters, but it didn't work for him.

ya i totally agree with Aoi

Kreatee said: I really hope kirito stays with asuna for the rest of the seasons


Ya i hope he does

i wonder if they are going to do a twist where kirito dumps Asuna and goes witha different girl [Facepalm] if he does thats just going to be horrible

when is it going to come out though
For all you who dont know, Kirito IS a girl in GUN GALE ONLINE, Cause its a rare glitch where his body type is taken as a girl and he gets put in the game as a girl avatar. So yeah, now you know.
And we reached 100,000! yey!
can't wait



also when does it air? [Derp]

Kayne277 said: For all you who dont know, Kirito IS a girl in GUN GALE ONLINE, Cause its a rare glitch where his body type is taken as a girl and he gets put in the game as a girl avatar. So yeah, now you know.


It's been established several times before, but he isn't. He simply looks like one.

xxSoS said:

hyskills said: Truth be told:
Remember the time when Kirito when to register his own character at ALfheim Online? The game said that his appearance will be chosen at random so he wouldn't look like him IRL. So the game in GGO must have done the same thing except that the game must have caught a bug/error and must have switch his appearance into a girl...


false
just wait till anime comes out n learn the truth
some ppl have said it correctly in the above post but to be precise
the avatar's for GGO ( Gun Gale Online) the 3rd arc of SAOseries is chosen at random depending on the amt of Hrs spent playing on the Nervegear system.
since Kirito was trapped in SAO for over 2yrs his play hrs is amongst the top ranks and thus the game has given him a real rare Male Avatar. those as many can c it loost like a Girl
but IS A MALE Avatar.
cause of this avatar he gets ppl asking him to sell his acc, n also leads to the meeting of Shinon
i wander if this anime gonna go all the way till the end of Alicisation arc which is split into further multiple arcs. prob another further 2 seasons at least


This guy is legit, he's read all the novels but mainly is also a native Japanese. [MOG]
kirito is the best


Sugoiiiiii...
kawi

DarkJibTEC said:

xxSoS said:

hyskills said: Truth be told:
Remember the time when Kirito when to register his own character at ALfheim Online? The game said that his appearance will be chosen at random so he wouldn't look like him IRL. So the game in GGO must have done the same thing except that the game must have caught a bug/error and must have switch his appearance into a girl...


false
just wait till anime comes out n learn the truth
some ppl have said it correctly in the above post but to be precise
the avatar's for GGO ( Gun Gale Online) the 3rd arc of SAOseries is chosen at random depending on the amt of Hrs spent playing on the Nervegear system.
since Kirito was trapped in SAO for over 2yrs his play hrs is amongst the top ranks and thus the game has given him a real rare Male Avatar. those as many can c it loost like a Girl
but IS A MALE Avatar.
cause of this avatar he gets ppl asking him to sell his acc, n also leads to the meeting of Shinon
i wander if this anime gonna go all the way till the end of Alicisation arc which is split into further multiple arcs. prob another further 2 seasons at least


This guy is legit, he's read all the novels but mainly is also a native Japanese.


Japan. You can't compete with their awesomeness.

Also, as far as I know Phantom Arc begins airing on April 1st
i wish they cover some parts they skipped out on from the original sao arc esp the bit on Laughing Coffin
I dont know where to put this so ill just leave this here.

zurczner said: I dont know where to put this so ill just leave this here.


Strea, who ironically is voiced by...



Possile father-daughter incest? (evil)
Comes out in march they said
this is what i waiting for. :D

The announcement will be made probably on the 23rd. We should have a release date by that day
I think that's probably not Kirito. This one's main characters are another girl and kirito. But there's a lot of back story to her. So it might be her and not him with the blue hair. I think he does the all black thing again in this one.
i have watch a lot of anime after i watch one i write the name down so i am posting the names here cause i like sword art .hack // Legend of the Twilight Bracelet
.hack // Quantum
.hack // Roots
.hack // Sign
.hack// Liminality
.hack//Beyond the World
009-1
07-Ghost
11eyes
2x2 Shinobuden
5 Centimeters per Second
A-Channel
Abenobashi
Accel World
Accel World EX
Acchi Kocchi
Ace of Diamond
AD Police
Afro Samurai
Afro Samurai: Resurrection
After School Midnighters
Agent Aika
Ah! My Goddess
Ah! My Goddess: Everyone Has Wings
Ah! My Goddess: Together, Forever
Ai Mai Mi
Ai Mai! Moe Can Change!
Ai no Kusabi (2012)
Ai Yori Aoshi
Ai Yori Aoshi: Enishi
AIKa R-16: Virgin Mission
AIKa: ZERO
Aikatsu!
Air Gear
Air Master
Air TV
Aishiteruze Baby
Aiura
Ajimu: Kaigan Monogatari
Akagi
Akane Maniax
Akaneiro ni Somaru Saka
Akazukin Chacha
AKB0048
AKB0048 Next Stage
Akikan!
Aku no Hana
Alien 9
Amaenaideyo!
Amaenaideyo! Katsu!!
Amagami SS
Amagami SS+ plus
Amatsuki
Amnesia
Angel Beats!
Angel Sanctuary
Anime Games
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
Ano Natsu de Matteru
Another
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
Antique Bakery
Ao no Exorcist
Ao no Exorcist: Kuro no Iede
Aoi Bungaku
Aoi Hana
Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de
Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova
Appleseed XIII
Aquarion Evol
Arakawa Under the Bridge
Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge
Arashi no Yoru ni: Himitsu no Tomodachi
Arata Kangatari
Arata naru Sekai: Mirai-hen
Arcana Famiglia
Arcana Famiglia: Capriccio - stile Arcana Famiglia
Area 88
Aria the Animation
Aria the Natural
Aria the Origination
Asa Made Jugyou Chu!
Asobi ni Iku yo!
Astarotte no Omocha!
Asu no Yoichi
Asura
Asura Cryin'
Asura Cryin' 2
Avatar
Avenger
Ayakashi
Azumanga Daioh
B Gata H Kei
Baccano!
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni!
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu: Matsuri
Bakemonogatari
Baki the Grappler
Bakugan Battle Brawlers
Bakugan: Gundalian Invaders
Bakugan: Mechtanium Surge
Bakugan: New Vestroia
Bakuman
Bakuman 2
Bakuman 3
Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman
Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto
Bamboo Blade
Banner of the Stars
Banner of the Stars S2
Bartender
Basilisk
Basquash!
Bastard
Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Battle Girls: Time Paradox
Bayonetta: Bloody Fate
Beast Saga
Beck
Beelzebub
Ben-To
Berserk
Berserk - Golden Age Chapter I - Egg of the High King
Big Windup!
Binbou Shimai Monogatari
Binbougami ga!
Birdy the Mighty Decode:02 Prologue
Black Blood Brothers
Black Cat
Black Lagoon
Black Lagoon : The Second Barrage
Black Rock Shooter
Black Rock Shooter (TV)
Blade
Blade of the Immortal
Blassreiter
BlazBlue: Alter Memory
Bleach
Bleach Movies
Blood Lad
Blood+
Blood-C
Blood-C: The Last Dark
Blue Dragon
Blue Drop
Blue Gender
Blue Submarine No. 6
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo
Boku no Imouto wa Osaka Okan
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Next
Bokura ga Ita
Bokurano
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan
Bottom Biting Bug
Brave 10
Break Blade
Brothers Conflict
Btooom!
Buddy Complex
Bungaku Shoujo
Bungaku Shoujo Memoire
Stop that.
July air date thanks for the tip @Aoi ;)
ARRRRRRRRRRRRGH

i thought sao season 2 was coming out in APRIL!!!!!!!!!!!! :'( [heartbreak] [Rage]
I don't think the girl thing is a good idea :P
I wish it wasn't a girl outfit thing I mean seriously how do you come out with that
I can't wait for the next season to come out. I just finished watching the first season today
Oh wow, Kirito is going to be a girl? I'm going to laugh when he has to tell Asada. =D Anyway, can't wait for July! :D
Ok, This is awesome! The only thing I don't like is Kirito's design in comparison to the light novels' version. I think the LN version fit much better than how the anime is portraying him with just flat out making a girl. In the LN *spoiler alert*



--------
--------
Kirito is described as having feminine features, not being a girl.
--------
--------



Other than that, I think it's gonna be great!
once i heard that they were doing a second season i re watched the first one right away. also does kirito have A light saber strapped to his side in that first picture?
i want the heroin is asuna....!!!!
if not....i'am not going to watch GGO...
I want asuna with kirito forever... :'@

why they are to cruel...
what happened to their romance :'(
I hate this anime..!!!
WHY!! WHY!! WHY!!!!!!!
the best part is its not kirito in the pic its the new heroine and i thnk asuna is still there. theres just peobably like how alheim was with suguru. i hope. I <3 asuna [Derp]

Tkatana said: Asuna in my opinion was a very good character... Until ALO when she became helpless.
Things with strong capable females are usually good stories in my opinion and she was capable. Then ALO happens.
I'd be dissapointed if they break up unless she is still hopeless.
I believe and hope thats how the majority feel about asuna



asuna had no fighting power remember. she was in a cage and all the stats were reset. she was above all danger except for the rapist psychopath so obviously she wouldnt be able to fight. shed get her ass handed to her from like a leaf. -_-

Paladin001 said: the best part is its not kirito in the pic its the new heroine and i thnk asuna is still there. theres just peobably like how alheim was with suguru. i hope. I <3 asuna



ps i know the other girl is kirito i meant the second pic. btw this is gonna sound gay but kirito as a girl is ****ing hot. ;O

Paladin001 said: ps i know the other girl is kirito i meant the second pic. btw this is gonna sound gay but kirito as a girl is ****ing hot.


he not a girl tho that is a guy. That is a very rare player model which is super feminine. I can see why you think it is a girl tho but trust me he is playing as a guy player in the series.

Paladin001 said:

Tkatana said: Asuna in my opinion was a very good character... Until ALO when she became helpless.
Things with strong capable females are usually good stories in my opinion and she was capable. Then ALO happens.
I'd be dissapointed if they break up unless she is still hopeless.
I believe and hope thats how the majority feel about asuna


asuna had no fighting power remember. she was in a cage and all the stats were reset. she was above all danger except for the rapist psychopath so obviously she wouldnt be able to fight. shed get her ass handed to her from like a leaf.


Nope she fights in the next book, remember the stats still carry over and also they are still together throughout the series although there are moments in this season which will test kirito a bit.

Kirito328 said: i want the heroin is asuna....!!!!
if not....i'am not going to watch GGO...
I want asuna with kirito forever... :'@
why they are to cruel...
what happened to their romance :'(
I hate this anime..!!!
WHY!! WHY!! WHY!!!!!!!


They are together and you see them in the real life on a date and everything. This is the kind of payment he has to do to pay the government back for the asuna info as well. Asuna features thorough the show but she is not main heroin in the show. I do not think kirito shows feelings towards shino at all.
WAS up every one so you all love anime like i do huh *_* (evil)
I swear if kirito is not with asuna anymore I'm not watching it anymore 😑 -_-
I am so hyped up about this!! I don't agree 100% with the whole girl thong, - I am not sexist, in fact I love seeing girls on anime kick some ass, it is just I really love the variation between boys and girls in SAO, especially Kirito, he is pretty god damn awesome! I really hope they make this season so much longer! :D
If you read the light novels you would know that kirito selects a female in the new game gun gale by accident. Kirito and asuna are still very much in love and do kiss several times they act the same way but after this game the next game he is a male character again.
Asuna is still there but not in game (GGO). Only Kirito transferred his character from ALO to GGO due to request from Kikuoka-san from the ministry that manage of the MMO case. It's for investigation relating to a murder case which being speculate to relate back to MMO, in this case GGO.Some of SAO character still there but more like side characters lol ;p

P/S: Read all the novel..all of em great.. (love) but i luv most on SAO and Alicization..not much on GGO (don't like guns). Mother Rosario 50-50 XD

Cally853 said: If you read the light novels you would know that kirito selects a female in the new game gun gale by accident. Kirito and asuna are still very much in love and do kiss several times they act the same way but after this game the next game he is a male character again.



If you read the light novels you would know that kirito doesn't select a female character. The character was randomly selected, it is a rare male character model where the male and female versions are almost identical and in the sao universe most of the vrmmo games (including ggo) don't let you choose gender.
cant wait watch it hehe ^_^
Is That KIrito?
Ok pretty new hear but LOVE SAO so if someone could message me if asuna is till in it like they are stil together then I will be fine and also message or tell on here what chapter does this season start in the light novel

Dallas295 said: Ok pretty new hear but LOVE SAO so if someone could message me if asuna is till in it like they are stil together then I will be fine and also message or tell on here what chapter does this season start in the light novel


It starts in the 5th volume of the light novels. And as far as is known they are still together at this point. The question for which chapter is pointless this has 2 volumes for the arc. Its the Phantom Bullet Arc.

Cally853 said: If you read the light novels you would know that kirito selects a female in the new game gun gale by accident. Kirito and asuna are still very much in love and do kiss several times they act the same way but after this game the next game he is a male character again.


His GGO avatar is not female. It is a very rare male avatar that he got due to play hours.
edit- Stephen392 said this.

Note: Before posting please look through previous postings. Usually some people know what they are talking about. Tis will explain some of you losing kudos. I haven't even read the light novels and I know that Kirito has a really feminine avatar. It is definitely not a girl.
I watched this whole season I loved this show sooo much honestly I think they could have made about 100 maybe even more episodes other than that this was a phenomenal show I can't wait thank you guys for all of the reports and everything its well appreciated!!! Can't wait and when will it be dubbed again?!
What about asuna nothing about her yet
I've been waiting for this moment [Derp] [Derp] [Derp] [Derp]

mod: stop spamming
@Saoisgreat: I've heard that Asuna will become the main heroine in the 7th arc.. that is probably going to be in the 2nd season as the first one contained 4 arcs.
I don't know why y'all say kirito is a guy in ggo when all of the facts and images prove he accidentally chose a girls avatar. [Facepalm]
Damnit, is the gender thing still going. (evil)

We have several ppl who've read the novels - including a native Japanese guy.

Kirito's avatar is male but has a feminine appearance.
Kirito become girl oh noooooooooooooooooo [WTF] [WTF] [WTF] [WTF] [WTF]

DarkJibTEC said: Damnit, is the gender thing still going.
We have several ppl who've read the novels - including a native Japanese guy.
Kirito's avatar is male but has a feminine appearance.


Should put a big red disclaimer at the bottom of the article (evil)
Ive been waiting months for this yet im dissapointed itll be out in the summer
so i hate that i live in the us cause i can't see sword art online 2 on netflix :(
For those who forgot, in the last episode on the first season, Kirito said he was dumping all his stats and he was starting from scratch, so I don't think his stats will carry over to Gun Gale Online.

Post a comment

Leave a comment Log in with Facebook

Forums

Anime Content

Should aChan have a separate thread for Love Live?

Should aChan have a separate thread for Love Live?

31/03/2014 Polls 5 5
Anime.MMGN Member Interview - xxSoS

Anime.MMGN Member Interview - xxSoS

Mirage 21 hours 5 5
Yahari Ore no Seishun to get a second season

Yahari Ore no Seishun to get a second season

Mirage 3 days 5 5
Spring 2014: First Impressions

Spring 2014: First Impressions

Kenni 5 days 5 7
Non Non Biyori Season 2 announced!
Kenni 07/04 4 5
Spring Season 2014 Preview

Spring Season 2014 Preview

Kenni 29/03 9 5
New TV series announced for Durarara.

New TV series announced for Durarara.

Kenni 16/03 3 1
Light novel series, Inou-Battle, gets an adapation

Light novel series, Inou-Battle, gets an adapation

Kenni 12/03 5 6
Figure Showcase: Natsukawa Masuzu

Figure Showcase: Natsukawa Masuzu

DarkJibTEC 17/02 2 4

Community Content

A loser
03/03/2014 Blog 11 0

MMGN Updates

Status
Updating..
Username

CybaCowboy posted a news - Blade Kitten 2 DLC Coming to Steam!

CybaCowboy 24 mins ago
Username

CybaCowboy posted a news - Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection Release Dates Confirmed!

CybaCowboy 1 hour ago
Username

commented on Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Review

tsubibo 2 hours ago
Username

iSR, Mike2DMaxx4 commented on The Lego Movie review

iSR 3 hours ago
Username

zurczner, GunSlinger, DarkJibTEC commented on Anime.MMGN Member Interview - xxSoS

zurczner 10 hours ago
Username

Blak, Kenni commented on Anime.MMGN Member Interview - xxSoS

Blak 18 hours ago
Username

tsubibo, inubazh11 commented on Free-to-play is the future, says free-to-play game dev

tsubibo 1 day ago
Username

commented on Pretend to be a plane in Cult Of The Wind

zurczner 1 day ago